of Civil Engineering
Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Students function effectively as civil engineering professional in industry, government or other organizations–designing, improving, leading and implementing efficient civil engineering practices.
- PEO 2: Students are able to apply acquired skills in developing safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research.
- PEO 3: Students apply their broad civil engineering education to effectively communicate civil engineering concepts orally and in written forms.
- PEO 4: Students grow professionally in their career through continuous development of technical skills, improvement of professional efficiency, and assumption of roles of responsibility in professional service.
- PO 1: An ability to apply knowledge
of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals.
- PO 2: Ability to identify, formulate
and analyze complex engineering problems.
- PO 3: Ability to develop and
understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental,
and societal context.
- PO 4: Ability to design and conduct
experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- PO 5: Ability to use the techniques,
skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- PO 6: Ability to apply knowledge by
considering current societal issues.
- PO 7: Understanding the impact of the
adopted engineering solutions in social and environmental contexts.
- PO 8: An understanding of
professional and ethical responsibility.
- PO 9: Ability to function in
- PO 10: Ability to communicate
- PO 11: Ability to use project and
finance management tools to control and execute various projects
- PO 12: Recognition of the need for,
and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
specific outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO 1: The Graduates of this program
with proficiency in mathematics and physical sciences will excel in the
core areas of civil engineering such as structural, environmental and
water resources engineering
- PSO 2: To develop and design
sustainable and smart infrastructure considering the global environmental
- PSO 3: Understand modern management and construction
techniques to complete projects within the stipulated period and funds.