Computer Science Students Society (CSSS) is a student driven and faculty guided initiative for enthusiasts in field of both technical and non-technical events. This society organizes various events where students get basic platform to come up and overcome their fears and it also allow members to gain personal and professional skills in the area of leadership development and to encourage and strengthen community between inter department and inter college students to share their views. It also help students to learn engagement with diverse groups of people. While taking part in various activities, students get to socialize with like-minded individuals and actually learn as much from them as from the curriculum.
Various events conducted in the session 2020-21 were:
In Odd Semester:
- JASHAN-E-WATAN (one Flag, one Land, one Heart): It was organized on 14th August 2020, through this event students were asked to show their patriotism towards their country.
- CODER 7.0: This event was organized to enhance the technical skills of the students as they were asked to write down the code of the give problem statement on the hacker rank platform. Massive participation was observed.
- Virtual Treasure Hunt (Find your inklings): It was a fun based event where students got the chance to grab the treasure from the comfort of their homes, students were asked to find the answers with the help of the clues provided. It was held on 6th Nov 2020.
- Vocal for Local (Mantra for every Indian): It was the social and the creative event held for the students to enhance their creativity by composing posters and advertisements so as to encourage the purchase of local goods. It was held on 22nd Nov 2020.
- MIT Daredevil (Come, Play ,win and slay ): After the long quarantine period it was the first event which was held offline, it was a fun based event where students were divided into teams and played various games like lemon race, sac race, cup balancing race ,etc. . It was held on 23rd Dec 2020.
- VLOGBUSTER (Reel out your creativity): This event was organized so can students could show their festive excitement in the form of vlogs or reels (genres can be either dramatic, funny, light hearted depending upon the participants). It was held on 17th April 2021.
- #SHE 2021: This event was conducted on the occasion of women’s day. It was a fun event organized for all the female students and staff, special guest Ms. Vandana Tyagi (Grads IT employee) was invited for the celebration.
In Even Semester:
- Anime Amor (Probing your Jutsu): The hidden purpose behind the conduction of this event was to find out the creativity of the participants and to reduce the quarantine boredom. This event was divided into two rounds where round 1 was the quiz held on kahoot and round 2 was to make an animation video on any topic of any genre. It was held on 29th May 2021.
- Ad Station (It’s all about my college): The purpose of this event was to see what students think about their respective college as they were asked to create a short video for the college describing the qualities which attracted them to take during their B.Tech Journey. It was held on 21st June 2021.
Ms. Neha Gupta
Department of CSE