Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc)
About the Course
Bachelor of Vocation is a 3-years industry oriented degree course. The basic eligibility for pursuing the course is 10+2 or equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate in any stream (Science, Commerce, Arts, and Vocational) from any recognized Board/University. The course has essentially been designed for students wishing to enhance their employability. These courses facilitate such students in learning, earning and growing professionally. The course offers to eligible candidates:
- Relevant hands on experience with industries.
- Practical knowledge in their chosen field.
- Expertise in innovative, trendy and interesting disciplines of choice.
- Expertise matching candidates’ job aspirations.
- Employability for a suitable job as per current market requirements.
- Sufficient knowledge to establish themselves in employment and entrepreneurship ventures.
The curriculum for this course is mapped with job roles in accordance with the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) under Skill India Mission of Government of India.
The first year of the program is equivalent to Diploma level, second year as an Advanced Diploma level and successfully completing all three years will lead to Degree i.e. Bachelor of Vocation.
The importance of the course can be assessed from the fact that vocational or skill-based education is becoming more and more widespread and significant in today’s society. The industries expect new employees/ freshers to possess all the practical skills they need before they start working. This course is therefore introduced by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated by AKTU, Lucknow to cater to this need of businesses and youth alike. The course is spread across 6 Semesters. In addition to the regular curriculum, all students are required to undergo industrial training or project work lasting for a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks in every semester.
The average annual salary offered to successful graduates of the field lies between INR 3-10 lacs.
Bachelor of Vocation: Who should opt?
Eligible candidates aspiring to pursue the course would ideally possess:
- Ability to work with a team
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate and apply knowledge
- Observational and investigative skills
- Physical stamina for fieldwork
- Professional values & ethics
- Understanding of relationships, interactions and patterns.