Department of Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineering helps to understand the production, utilization & distribution of electrical energy. It deals with electricity, magnetism and light and how it is used. It also covers important portions of Electronics.Electrical engineers are found in a variety of companies including computer, communications, and automotive industries. The stream has a wide scope for engineers in Consultancy work (MNC’s), Research Organisations (DRDO, ISRO), Civil Services (IAS, IPS, IFS), Defence Services (SSC, SSB, CDS), Managerial Services and Engineering Services (IES, IRS and PSU’s) etc.
About The Department
The Department offers a 4-year B. Tech degree programme in Electrical Engineering and is affiliated to Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University (APJKTU), Lucknow. The programme is designed and geared for the students to prepare highly capable and competent engineers who can meet the challenges of the industries in the field of Electrical Engineering. This programme was started in 2006. Department focus in providing our students with the experiences of understanding the relationship between theory and practical through relevant engineering design experience that is integrated across the four year curriculum.
The spacious infrastructure, well equipped laboratories, meritorious students and academically qualified and enthusiastic faculty being the salient features of the Department. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research and publishing it in internationally recognized journals and conferences. Most of the students have attained high positions in the organizations which shows the versatility of the knowledge they acquired in the department.The department apart from routine academic Curriculum takes keen interest in several other academic activities like conducting seminars, workshops, conferences, expert lectures etc. and updates the practical aspects through industry -institute interaction. 45 days industrial training is integral part of the syllabi which gives exposure of industrial environment to the final year students.
THE DEPARTMENT OFFERS:
|B.Tech Degree Program
|No. of seats
To contribute in society through excellence in scientific and technical education and research, serving as a valuable resource for industry and remain a source of pride for all Indians, generating new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate programs.
To develop the basic skills needed to perform and design experimental projects with the ability to formulate problems and projects as well as to plan a process for solution taking advantage of diverse technical knowledge and skills, providing sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent graduate study and life learning programs. Focusing on broad spectrum of issues arising in professional practice including team work, leadership, safety, ethics, service, economics and professional organizations.
Strength of Faculty
Passion for the subject as well as knowledge of the subject.
- Possess respect for the person and potential of all students without prejudice.
- Honesty and attentive to the needs of students.
- Always seeking to do better and be more effective.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active participation in attending workshops and short term courses as well as in research and publications.
- Exposure towards state and central universities(IIT’s and NIT’s)
- Possess average experience of 7-8 years.
- Persistent conduction of seminars and guest lectures on crucial and essential stream related topics