MIT’s Literary society exists to promote and sustain all literary related domains such as debating, communicating, poem reciting, impromptu speaking, storytelling, creative writing etc. among students. The society throughout the year designs and conducts events aimed at honing these skills. There are many students who find interest in scribbling down the thoughts and ideas that run through their mind. With this special initiative, MIT’s Literary Society aims to make those intentions a part of their learning, and some of these students might also find their career out of these activities in the long run. Besides developing the writing and reading abilities, these programs also help the students become good orators which is an important aspect of holistic grooming.
The society offers a competing platform for the knowledge-hungry students. It promises to cultivate a passion for quizzing, Debating, creative writing, literature, Elocution, etc., among the students.
• Literary club is to develop self-efficacy and confidence and would help to enhance the general knowledge base.
• Works in tandem to benefit students in the disciplines of writing and speaking by conducting events that are both instructional and enjoyable.
• Sharpening the skills of logical thinking.
• It develops excellent communication skills and teaches students to think spontaneously.
• Students will learn to analyse issues and come up with solutions.
• Students will develop organization skills and persuasive skills.
• It builds beneficial skills that are much needed in various workplaces
• Being able to express yourself clearly is so important in group work. If you have ideas you want others to accept, you need to be able to persuade. Literary society aims to help better expression
• Helps to prepare students to work in a global community by teaching them about social, political and moral issues
• Build confidence to be at ease not only professionally but also socially.
• To increase daily awareness and helps boost positive habits like reading and independent research.